Asian Lettuce Wraps
Healthy Asian Lettuce Wraps. By Chris Hamann.
- 1¼ lb 96% lean ground beef (or any ground meat you prefer)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1-inch piece of ginger, diced
- ¾ cup water chestnuts, roughly chopped
- 5 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Bibb lettuce
- Optional toppings:
- shredded carrots
- roughly chopped peanuts
- toasted sesame seeds
- chopped green onion
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pan. Add in the ground beef and break it apart with a cooking spoon into smaller pieces. Season with salt and pepper to taste and cook till no longer pink. Set aside on a separate plate.
- In the same pan, cook the onion, garlic, and ginger for 3-4 minutes. Add the meat and water chestnuts into the pan.
- Stir in the hoisin sauce and soy sauce and cook everything together for a few minutes.
- To serve, place the meat mixture in the lettuce cups and top with shredded carrots, peanuts, sesame seeds, green onion, and extra hoisin.