Cuban Mojo Pork
1 bone-in pork shoulder (about 4 pounds)
11/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
3/4 cup orange juice
1/2 cup lime juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
8 cloves garlic, chopped finely
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/4 cup chopped cilantro (lightly packed)
- Using a paring knife, make a few slits all over the surface of the pork.
- To the slow cooker, add the rest of the ingredients. Mix to combine.
- Place the pork in the slow cooker and cook on high for 5 – 6 hours or on low for 8 – 10 hours.
- The pork should be tender and almost falling of the bone! Carefully remove it from the slow cooker and place it onto an aluminum foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 to 20 minutes or until browned.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving. You will be able to shred the meat with a couple of forks, yes, it will be that tender!
- Serve with the remaining juices from the slow cooker