Fajita Stuffed Peppers
Fajita Style Stuffed Peppers. By Chris Hamann.
- 1/3 Cup olive oil
- 1/3 Cup lime juice
- 1/2 Tsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 Cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Cloves garlic, pressed or chopped
- 1 /2 Tsp salt
- 1 Pound ground turkey
- 1/2 Small onion chopped
- 1 Cup riced cauliflower or cooked rice ( I used cauliflower as I was #EatingOnPurpose after 5pm)
- 1 Cup your favorite salsa
- 3 Bell peppers cut in half lengthwise
- Mix together olive oil, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, cilantro, garlic and salt. Set aside.
- Place ground turkey and onion in frying pan add above mixture. Cook until crumbly and onion is done. It will not be dry.
- Cut bell peppers in half and place in 9×13 baking pan.
- Fill peppers with 2 tbsp of riced cauliflower or cooked rice.
- Add 3 ounces of cooked turkey. If there is any add a little juice to each from the cooked meat.
- Top with a large spoonful of salsa.
- Cover and bake 25 minutes in a 350 oven or until pepper is tender.
- Garnish with sliced avocado, guacamole, shredded cheese (if you dare), or any taco topping.