Garlic Butter Steak Skillet
Garlic Butter Steak Skillet. By Chris Hamann.
- 1 lb (450g) flank steak, sliced against the grain
- 1 lb (450g) fresh stringless green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Juice of 1/2 lemon + lemon slices, for garnish
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup (125ml) beef stock
- Crushed red chili pepper flakes, optional
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (or coconut amino if you’re strictly paleo)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (we used Sriracha)
- Fresh cracked pepper
1. In a large bowl, combine the steak strips with soy sauce, olive oil, pepper, and hot sauce. Set aside to marinate for 10 minutes while you prepare green beans.
2. While meat is marinating, arrange green beans in a microwave-safe dish with 1/2 cup (125ml) water. Cook in the microwave for 8-10 minutes, until almost done but still crisp.
3. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Lay the steak strips in one layer in the skillet, keeping drained marinade for later. Sear on for 1 minute on one side, until nicely browned. Add half the garlic and red chili pepper flakes and turn steak strips to finish cooking for one minute more – adjust timing depending on how you like your steak. Transfer steak strips to a plate and set aside.
4. In the same skillet, lower the heat and melt the remaining tablespoon butter. Add chopped parsley, thyme, remaining garlic, Italian seasoning, red crushed chili pepper flakes and pre-cooked green beans and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring regularly, until cooked to your liking. Deglaze with lemon juice, beef stock, and reserved steak marinade and reduce the sauce for a couple of minutes.
5. Add grilled steak strips back to the pan and reheat quickly. Adjust seasoning with pepper and serve garlic Butter steak and lemon green beans skillet immediately, garnished with more crushed chili pepper, fresh herbs, and a slice of lemon if you like. Enjoy!