Sweet Potato Tuna Pancakes
Sweet Potato Tuna Rissoles (Pancakes). By Chris Hamann.
- 10 Ounces (little over 2 cups) sweet potato, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1/4 Cup fine chopped onion or 1 green onion
- 1/4 Cup Chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 8 Ounces canned tuna in water, drained
- 2 Egg whites
- 1 Teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 Teaspoon chopped ginger (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Place sweet potato in microwave safe dish. Cook covered on high for 6 minutes. Stir every 2 minutes. May take a few more minutes as potatoes need to be very soft.
2. Mash sweet potatoes (they don’t have to be smooth).
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
4. Scoop mixture with a medium size scoop. About 1/4 cup. Shape into patties. Place on foil lined tray. Refrigerate at least 20 minutes.
5. Fry on medium heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil 4-5 minutes a side or until golden brown.
Handle with care they crumble easily. Uncooked patties can be made a day ahead and stored in refrigerator or frozen. Thaw before cooking.
Serve with Easy Spicy Hummus:
- 1 – 15 Ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Clove crushed garlic
- 1/2 Teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 Teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 Cup water
Put all ingredients into blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
Serving size 2-3 tablespoons.