Sweet & Sour Brisket
Slow Cooker Sweet & Sour Brisket. By Chris Hamann.
- 2-3 Pounds Beef Brisket
- 1 Medium onion, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce ) Can tomato sauce
- 4 Teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 Teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon pepper
- Sprinkle brisket with salt and pepper.
- Place sliced onion in bottom of a 4 quart slow cooker.
- Put brisket on top of onion.
- Whisk together tomato sauce, maple syrup and balsamic vinegar & pour over brisket.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Slice and serve.
Add vegetables on top of brisket the last hour of cooking. They cook in the sauce and add a good flavor.
PS. This really doesn’t taste like sweet and sour but had a unique sweet/tomato flavor.
After removing meat and vegetables from slow cooker there was a lot of juice. To thicken, whisk a tablespoon of corn starch into juice and let it cook a few more minutes.